Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What to Do with Myself...

Because I'm helping coordinate her reception and take care of a few wedding details, my friend Dee volunteered to cook my portion of my family's Christmas dinner. Dee is a throwback to another time with the soul food cooking, so I happily agreed.

So it is Christmas Eve. I've wrapped 97% of the presents I'm going to wrap. Dee is making collard greens, ham, and chicken spaghetti and offered to make the dressing. That is more than enough for my share.

And I have nothing Christmas-y to do. My son is gone with his dad, my sister is doing last minute shopping, and my parents don't feel well.

I am at a loss as to what to do with myself! I'm supposed to make a white chocolate cake, but I'm almost out of the notion of trying a new recipe. I made red velvet cake and a fudge cheesecake at Thanksgiving, so I don't want to do those again. Peach dumplings can't be made until tomorrow and the crescent rolls I need to make the dumplings cost $637 in a town with two little grocery stores, so those are iffy (I refuse to drive out of town on Christmas Eve. REFUSE!!). My mom already made lemon pies. That is about the extent of my dessert repertoire.

I need a task.

4 comments:

Hagar's Daughter said...

task 1: RELAX

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Happy Eating!

HereBeDragons said...

Yeah, I'm going to vote for relax, too. Maybe a nice, long, hot bath, with a good book? Come to think of it, that sounds GOOD! I might do that, too. :)

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi there!

I see Hagar's Daughter beat me over here!! *LOL*

I stopped by to say Merry Christmas!

Please feel welcome to drop by my place and share in dialogue at any time!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

RageyOne said...

I'll concur with the others, I hoped you took a load off and relaxed.

If not, possibly the red velvet cake! Yum!

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...