Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Things Seen 3



The gods of the Lone Star State are apparently still miffed that I left so abruptly last year. In February, I got caught in an unexpected snowstorm in north Texas. Yesterday, trying to fly into Houston--on a plane about the size of my bathroom, approximately--we got diverted because of the rain and sat on the Beaumont tarmac for 2.5 hours. Couldn't get off the plane or anything because apparently the word "airport" in Beaumont means "fueling station only." I was supposed to reach my final destination a little after seven. Got here after midnight.

But I'm alive and well. Just changed my return flight through Houston to an earlier one, but might be stuck again because of storms. Wish me well.

Now, back to the picture. While waiting in the puddle-jumping crop duster in Beaumont, I noticed that shirt on one of my fellow entrapees. The top, which you probably can read, says "Hooters Guide to Good Hunting." The words are wrapped lovingly around the curvalicious body of a barely-clothed brunette. Her full breasts seem poised to escape the questionable restraint of her mini-Hooters tube top. She, herself, is all a-straddle a deer.

And the hunting guide, emblazoned below the form of naughty-white-girl-rides-big-buck?

"Find one with a big rack and mount it."

6 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

Ick!!! I think I need a shower.

And you KNOW there are girls (I won't call them women) who will sleep with him!

Yucky!

k8 said...

I take it you haven't seen the "novelty" mounted breasts that sing.

http://www.jinglejugs.com/

They are pretty horrific. Dismembered mounted breasts. Ick! That guy probably owns a set.

k8 said...

I forgot to add that I think these things are insulting to most men, as well as women. If I were male, I would be embarrassed by any guy who would purchase these things.

Renee said...

I don't know which is worse, that the shirt was made or that someone thought that it was a good idea to buy it and wear it in public. It should only be used for cleaning toilets.

Brian said...

I occasionally see male students wearing these types of shirts on campus, and strangely enough, they seem to wind up predominantly on the largely unattractive. I always think to myself "dude, you're already at a disadvantage and you're wearing that?"

Julie said...

Um, EW. I'm always amazed that someone would actually wear something like that!!!!! Hope that your travels home are a little less adventurous :)

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...