Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aarrgh!

My kids (10-year-old son, 19-year-old niece) are watching the horrific Bring It On: In It to Win It movie on ABC Family.

It has the nerve to be a Westside Story rip-off.

Complete with Jets and Sharks.

God help me, I'm kinda hoping for a tragic end to all this p(r)eppiness.

Update: Lord, have mercy there are dance scenes. There was a rumble!

Update 2: Can the black girl have any more attitude? Can she leave some for the rest of us sistas? Who rolls their neck that hard?!

1 comment:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

The original "Bring it On" prompted a friend's young daughter to say, "Daddy, when I grow up, I want to be a black cheerleader."....

of course, she's white -- so Dad had to explain that achieving the black part wasn't realistic. I'm not sure she believed him.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...