Monday, August 18, 2008

I Can't Even Work Myself Up Anymore

Conversation between me and the Kid.

"Ma?"

"Hmmm?

"I just went basket-stairs-skateboarding."

I can figure out what this is because he has a blue laundry basket in his arms and, well, we have stairs.

"Basket-stairs-skateboarding?"

"Uh-huh. It's fun."

I stare at him for a few minutes.

"Kid?"

"Huh?"

"Don't break my basket."

"Mama, I won't. And I'll tell you if I break a bone."

"You better get some duct tape and towels cuz I'm sleepy."

I just heard him scream, "Crashing and burning!"

My niece is alarmed.

I am not.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad he's going to let you know if he broke a bone!!! That's my boy!

Yesterday the two boys (knucklehead - 5 & Debo - 1) were playing in Knucklehead's room and I hear the baby screaming. I call their names and begin walking upstairs.

Knucklehead "I'm okay Mom!"

Me: "Why is your brother crying?"

Knucklehead: "I didn't hit him"

Me: "So why is he crying?"

Knucklehead: "I didn't push him HARD."

Me: "But you pushed him?"

Debo: "DOP it!" **smacks knucklehead in the face**

Me: "Well, I guess I'm not needed anymore." I head back downstairs.

Knucklehead "But MOM, he hit me."

Me: "Mmmhmmm."

elle said...

too cute!

i cant believe baby is talking. i havent seen him since he was in the hospital!!!!!

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...