- First and foremost, being extraordinarily lazy. I realized Saturday that I didn't even put a bra on all day. TMI, but true.
- Going to high school basketball games in which the kids I taught in elementary school make up the teams. Reality Check!
- Accompanied best friend Louisiana, who's the cheerleader sponsor for my old high school, on a trip to take the cheerleaders to the mall. Since my 16 and 17 year old nieces are on the squad, I got to spend time annoying them.
- Reacquainting myself with Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, and Ina Garten. Boy, do I have big plans for Christmas dinner--southern, sophisticated, and done in under 30 minutes. Oh, and using as many full pounds of real butter as possible.
- Grumbling and groaning and looking at my chapters to begin an exercise Advisor has asked me to complete.
- Interviewed the ESL co-ordinator for the parish and some parents with whom she works.
- Made plans to travel to another Texas city to visit archives that will (help) fill in the history of the union I'm studying. Dragging best friend Louisiana and my sister along, kicking and screaming. Apparently, I'm going to owe them big.
- Got my hair washed and set on big rollers. It's quite cute. I'm always amazed--the woman that does my hair here is usually finished in under two hours. The guy that does my hair in Texas takes at least four--we've become quite good friends because I share so much of my life with him.
- Being pleasantly annoyed by my parents. I can't explain that one.
- SHOPPING! And not even for myself **noted smugly.**
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
What I've Been Doing
Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...