Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Overreacting, My Ass...

...I mean, Alito's barely sworn in and already, South Dakota is working on eroding women's rights. This is from the Baptist Press, which I'm taking the liberty of quoting as I am, um, Baptist:

"In a direct challenge to the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, the South Dakota House of Representatives easily passed a bill Feb. 9 that would ban nearly all abortions in the state."

Oh, and it gets better:

"Opponents of the bill tried unsuccessfully Feb. 9 to add an amendment making an exception for rape and incest."

Okay, my insomnia means that I am awake, but it does not imply that I am thinking cogently. There is so much that I want to say about this blatant disregard for privacy and freedom and control over one's own body, but I have to shape this pissed-off disbelief into words.

So, I'll address this tomorrow...right after I finish the intro to the next chapter of the DISSERTATION!!!

(That's how I feel about that thing, like it's big and looming and overshadowing my damn life.)

No comments:

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...