Thursday, February 16, 2006

Oh, Ms. Procrastinator

My next chapter is due by March 20. Not much time to write 30-50 pages, the normal person would think. But Elle? Oh, no. I'm perfectly content to play around with the intro until March 1, spend the next week trying to fill in, and then lose my whole spring break writing madly at the last moment. And then, all my supportive friends and family will embrace me and say, "Poor, Elle. We understand why you're always stressed or depressed. How dare your advisor expect you, a grown, intelligent woman who realizes it is time to finish and who spends most days at home in front of the computer anyway, to spend your time writing and meeting deadlines? The pressure!"

Indeed.

So, in the spirit of procrastination, while trying to write no more than 100 words per day on the dissertation, I'm going to start fooling with how the blog looks. No, I don't have some niche of thousands of readers who want more appealing eye candy. I'm just jealous of other blogs' designs. And, I'm a Delta--there's only so much pink I can stand. :-) I'm reading up on easy blog design, etc. But, I am that stereotypical female who breaks out in hives when she attempts to read too much non-liberal-artsy stuff. So, don't be surprised if you come back in a month and this thing looks exactly the same...

And I'm trolling for sympathy because the next chapter is due.

PS In my academic writing, I don't start every sentence with a conjunction or interjection. And, I'm telling the truth. So, I hope you believe me. But, don't take my word for it. Oh, go ask my advisor!

1 comment:

Mon said...

I feel you on the procrastination tip. I've been putting off my last chapter for a minute. I feel like I've written enough--why write more?? But I'll get back on it today.

And yes the pink has to go!

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...