Saturday, February 18, 2006

Depression

I've been reading some posts over at mistaken grad student about the funk she's been going through. To say I feel her pain is an understatement. Most of the new year has passed by in a blur for me because I have been incredibly unhappy. And while it has eased somewhat, there is still this vast, achy expanse inside me. I think the title of her blog "Opinionated and Fragile" fits me, too. I feel like I'm holding myself together with really cheap thread and another strong gust will result in the Disintegrated Pile Formerly Known as Elle.
I want to get better though and in trying to understand what the hell is wrong with me, I've realized some things. They'll follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One mo' question. Its stated in your "About Me" in addition to being "liberal" and "feminist"... "she's pretty too!"

May I ask: says who?

Peace

elle said...

attacking a woman with a mind on the aesthetics issue. **sigh** search around, baba. i quite clearly say somewhere exactly who said it.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...