Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Heart My Family

My cousin J, the one who happens to also be my godsister, has decided that my absence from the phone and e-mail circuit means that something is wrong me. After doing some not-so-discreet research with my sister and my cousin T and "discovering" that I was mostly bogged down in writing, she sent me the following e-mail this morning:
Don't be grading my english either because I wrote this fast! I Love You and don't stress out to much I know that you have a big task at hand but it will work out just fine you are a very beautiful and bright young lady and you can do anything but fail and I love you for that anyway you will be Dr. ___________ sooner than you know and I know you will be the best so take your time finish your work and be the best that you are to me.

Love Ya Sis
I needed that today.

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

That's sweet. There's nothing like family and good friends when you're trying to write that diss, especially family that lend support even if they don't always know what we're going through. That's priceless.

Abadiebitch said...

This is very sweet, and I must say you are a lucky woman, I envy your love. At the risk of being poor pitiful me, I can honestly say I do not know what that kind of support feels like. Motherfuckers around here and through out my family only know and respect one thing, a J-O-B. My husband is the worse, especially since he cannot believe that when it is all said and done I will make less than he is now. My people just want to say "All you think you are better or something, cause you went to school." See, I told you it was pitiful.

Embrace the love, you deserve it.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...