Friday, October 13, 2006

Canada troops battle 10-ft Afghan marijuana plants

I wasn't going to post anymore today (seeing as how I'm on a reading-and-writing mission and all), but then my co-worker showed me this story.

So now I'm picturing all my blunt-smoking friends, mouths watering, reconsidering their opposition to military service (an opposition wholly supported by the problems they'd encounter with urinalysis). Especially given this astute observation of the burn-the-plants-down strategy:
A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those (forests) did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action.
"Ill" effects? I'm thinking that's not the right adjective.

1 comment:

Leslie M-B said...

Teehee. Over the summer in my region, there have been many, many major raids of marijuana farms in the remote hills. A very close friend who shall remain unnamed always shakes his head when he sees this news in the morning paper, as if to say, "such a waste!" I'm surprised he hasn't jumped in the car to head up there to enjoy the second-hand smoke.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...