Saturday, October 21, 2006

Did I Really Say That?

While blogger is/was down, I looked through my archives, prepared to save some of my better posts in case blogger died.

I realized, what a difference almost 11 months make! I have said some ignorant, naive, bordering-on-inexcusable shit on this blog. I started to delete some of it or suspend the posts by hitting "save as draft." But that made me feel like a cheater or something.

Then I thought, in less than a year, I've grown a lot, become a lot less isolated (IRL and here). And I hope the blog shows that--that I was dead wrong or totally uninformed on some things, but that I learned.

And I'm still learning and listening and trying. Please be patient with this work in progress.

6 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

When it was down, yours was the only one I know of that I could get to come up. I did a lot of reading. I think you should keep it all. It shows a progression, a growth. I'm so proud of you. I am proud that you are a woman.

elle said...

you know, you're the second person in my blog world to tell me, in the last 24hrs, that you're proud of me. the other was nubian. i can't express how much that means to me.

RageyOne said...

Aren't we all works in progress?

Don't take stuff down Elle. Use it to see how much you have changed and grown - in this medium and in IRL. I think it gives us perspective - and possibly an objective perspective in that our thoughts are out there for the public to see (even thought we are somewhat pseudonymous).

Keep writin' girl. Keep expressin' yourself in your own way. This is your space and I think you should feel comfortable to do it in any way you so please.

Unknown said...

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself.
They were moments in time. Anyone who judges you for that is wrong. The sum of your posts is not the sum of you. When I look back, I can't believe what I wrote either, especially the more open I was.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Don't delete them. Keep them. We all change and grow, this is something we can see in all areas of life, especially our written record. I look back at some articles I published a few years ago and think, what the heack was I thinking...

elle said...

macarena, where can i find you???

ragey and gwyn, i'm keepin' 'em up. wincing all the while, but keepin' 'em up.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...