- All Sean Paul's songs sound alike.
- On the way here, while driving on the interstate, we saw a military tank. My first time seeing one close up, so I sort of paused beside it to look. That, in turn, made the man behind me flash the lights of his truck. Only, you don't rush me when I'm driving--no flashing the lights or blowing the horn, etc. So, bitchy as I'm feeling, I slowed down even more.
- Which reminds me. Why do I call the interstate "the interstate" when I'm in Louisiana but the same thingis the freeway in Texas? And why is the "feeder" in Texas the "service road" here?
- Ooh, Lord, T-Pain works my nerves.
- Rihanna's "Unfaithful" is a little creepy.
- From my driving in circles, it would seem that the parish library is closer to this city than the city's own library.
- Why does the library have only 10-15 computers open to the public? I actually had to wait!
- Why couldn't I buy a margarita while having lunch yesterday in a neighboring town, because they don't sell alcohol on Sundays, BUT today, when I go through that same town, I might stop at the drive thru liquor store and get up to a 44-oz mixed drink. Trust they are efficient, however--they'll put a piece of tape across the top to make sure customers of their drive thru liquor store don't drink and drive.
- I'm sleepy. With four hours to go. And no inclination to pull out the work I brought.
Monday, July 24, 2006
So, this morning I had to get up way too early to give a friend a ride to a city about an hour away from here. He expects to be here from 10 to 3, so I have amuse myself for waaaay too long. Some observations from my drive and my attempts to productively occupy my time: