Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oh My

I have a million things to do and apparently none of them concern my dissertation. Over a month now since I accomplished any real work and I'm still lagging. I need a plan, a resolution. This is year five and I'm tired of the damned thing. Deep down, I'm wondering--intelligence and writing ability aside--can I do this? People have given me lots of money to do it. My family has given me lots of time and support. And still, I'm drowning. I came back to school on a whim, did surprisingly well, and enjoyed it. But, I must admit, there is a conceited, snobby part of me who pursued the degree only for the title doctor--to somehow validate how smart I am. The rest of me is exhausted and not so interested anymore. I need help...

No comments:

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...