Thursday, January 12, 2006

a book on the Book

just heard of a book: John Shelby Spong, "Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism : A Bishop Rethinks the Meaning of Scripture" (New York: HarperCollins, 1992). Considering the fact that it's already 13 years old and that U.S. Christianity is in the throes of a scary fundamentalist/evangelical coup (actually, I think they've pretty much already won), I guess the book didn't make a big impact. still, i'm itching to read it.

actually, i'm itching all over, period. but that's another subject.

and i promise c, a, t, and m (my dissertater group) that i will not read it and use it as an excuse to procrastinate before i turn in my next chapter.

not that i need an excuse to procrastinate...

1 comment:

elle said...

i know! my best friend is sure my kidneys and/or liver are about to go. but it could be because i was taking wellbutrin. i discontinued it!

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...