Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just in Case My Descendants Look Back at this Blog...

...and regard it as a journal of my rather boring life, I don't want them to be like, "Dang, Big Mama/TeTe/Cousin elle/whatever!!, you really were out of it in January 2009."

I didn't observe the 96th anniversary of my beloved sorority on the 13th.

I let the MLK holiday pass with nary a word.

And I was almost silent on inauguration day.

But so the kids won't think I lost it, can I just highlight my favorite part of the day:



Well, Bush leaving and images of Malia snapping pics and Sasha just looking adorable.

I really don't have a lot to say today--I don't have writer's block, exactly. More like I'm lazy--I don't want to do the work to put to paper (or keyboard) all the thoughts, feelings, and ideas I've been having lately. My time has been consumed with work and the Kid.

I'll be back soon. Here and here. That's right--as soon as I get a coherent thought, I'll be writing here and at Shakesville. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I look forward to see you over at shakesville as well as here. Even though I blogged about the inauguration I know that my truest thoughts did not hit the blog. How does one give voice to a dream like that.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the Shakesville gig. You deserve it.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...