Sunday, November 12, 2006

100 Facts about elle in 100ish days However Long It Takes (16)

Fact #16

The best way (meaning superior to the myriad other ways) to get me off track?

Cookbooks and Recipe Cards. And not internet recipes. I need ones I can hold in my hands without printing them out first. I love them in bookstores. I love the cards that come in the mail sometimes. I love the magazines in the check out line. I love getting out the ones my mom had from the 70s and 80s. I love the ones school or church organizations put out.

And I never have time to cook anymore.

2 comments:

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I'll go you one better. I love cookbooks and those recipe cards too. But I really don't like to cook. I have a collection of cookbooks. And I like to read them and dream up menus to parties and dinners that I will never have. The thought of actually cooking and entertaining doesn't hold much appeal to me. But I do love me some cookbooks. I even have the new Delta Sigma Theta cookbook.

Anonymous said...

i have the BEST cookbook you would love! its an encyclopedia of cooking from the 1970s with 10 pages of full color photos of the ugliest most unapetizing food you could imagine!
there are good recipes though.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...