Thursday, March 23, 2006

On Research

So I'm sitting in a library in Magnolia, AR looking through some state documents. None have proven to be that one groundbreaking document that will elevate my dissertation to superstar status. They aren't particularly interesting. But being here reminds me why I chose this field in the first place--sometimes, I really love the research. More specifically, I love the search. For example, I really don't know what I'm looking for here (don't tell my advisor) but I love the looking, the discovering. Is it strange that I find this... fun?

2 comments:

Mon said...

I think it just means you're in the right line of business!

RageyOne said...

I agree! If you are happy that is the most important thing!

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...