Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'ma Get On It, Really

This so-called black historian of black history must defer to her colleagues in their timely celebrations of Black History Month:

Shark-Fu posted about Mrs. Fannie Lou Hamer, whom I absolutely love, love, love. She was just so strong and real and vibrant.

Anxious Black Woman wrote about Mrs. Hamer, as well, as part of her Black Herstory focus. She's also written about Ida B. Wells, Harriet Tubman, and Mary E. Pleasant.

And Sylvia is going to explore the theme "we are more alike, my friends, than we are unlike."

Because I'm reading about SNCC right now, I'm determined to write about Diane Nash and Ruby Doris Smith Robinson this month.

1 comment:

Joan Kelly said...

I know I am now about to seem like a one-woman Ron Wilkins publicity firm, but...Ron Wilkins was in SNCC back in the day. And what I've heard about it from him is interesting, so I am all the more looking forward to hearing about Ms.'s Nash and Robinson.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...