Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cuz Only the Good Lord Himself Can Keep Black People from Ackin' a Fool*

LaSalle Parish DA Reed Walters on the protest in Jena on Spetember 20:
I firmly believe and am confident of the fact that had it not been for the direct intervention of the Lord Jesus Christ last Thursday, a disaster would have happened. You can quote me on that.
I get the feeling he doesn't mean that the "unfairly portrayed" Jena residents would've been causing the disaster.

Seeing black people act differently from the way he imagines it? He must've been as surprised as Bill O'Reilly!
__________________________
*Which is not to dismiss the fact that people of other ethnicities protested.

6 comments:

Rachel's Tavern said...

LOL! Billo and Reed Walters...."Thank God, Jesus is Good Old White Man."

PS- I tried to leave a comment the other day, and it didn't go through. I don't know what happened, but I thought I would tell you.

elle said...

i don't know why--i wonder if it was the day and a half i had them on moderation, but i haven't seen it.

donna darko said...

UN-believable.

Kevin Andre Elliott said...

So ridiculous. It's times like these I'm glad I have a sense of humor and can just laugh at these fools.

Unknown said...

I'd be willing to bet money that if there had been a disturbance of any kind, there would have been no mention of, nor any footage of anyone other than black protesters taking part in it. Of course, I doubt I'd get any takers at this blog, or any other blog where people have sense.

Rent Party said...

Wild. But not surprising.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...