Saturday, November 01, 2008

All about Me!

This is what happens when you try to go to bed at a decent hour.

But since I'm up, I thought I'd complete the meme Renee and Kristy tagged me for.

The Rules:
6 Random Things About Me:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself. (See below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (See further below...)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


The Things:

1. I am horribly afraid of getting lost. I've lived in two of the largest cities in the country and have seen very few of their attractions except on field trips with my son and under the guidance of Kim or my sister. I want to take my family to do something out here when they come for Thanksgiving, but already, I'm going, "What if I get lost? What if we can't find parking? What if we get separated?" in my head.

2. I'm having moments now in which I think, "I really like my job." That might sound "duh," but keep in mind I've spent the last few years of my life waiting to live: "As soon as my kid goes to school... As soon as I pass comps... As soon as I write the dissertation... As soon as I get a job." There's still a lot of "As soon as I write the book... As soon as I get tenure..." but I'm feeling a bit more content.

3. Still working on the kind of mama I want to be and my kid is more than half grown. I snap a lot when I'm tired or aggravated or have said "Clean that pissy ass bathroom and you better start standing closer to the toilet!" a zillion times. And I will invoke the, "Because I said so!" answer, despite knowing better.

4. My feet are a total "oooooh" zone (in a good way ;-). I can hardly stand to get pedicures sometimes.

5. I am selfish (and I'll admit, scarred) enough to have said, "If I ever have another long term relationship, I don't want to be in love, but I want my significant other to be in love with me." Yes, because the all beneficent elle is smug enough to think she won't take another's love and devotion for granted or treat them like shit just because she knows they are so into her.

I chastise myself about that, but if I ever get my energy and interest levels up enough to be interested in romance again, I still want it to be more of a muted affection/mutual respect sort of thing. I've had enough drama and heartache.

6. The one man mrs. o and I have agreed to share:



To which our Soror Rashida would quip, "He ain't big enough to share!"

I know he has a lot of problems with the legal system, but see number 5. I ain't trying to fall in love.

Tags later. I'm about to try to drift off while thinking on a good weekend question.

2 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

I can so relate to the lost thing.h

Renee said...

"Clean that pissy ass bathroom and you better start standing closer to the toilet!" a zillion times.

I don't think that you will ever stop saying that. I have two boys and of course the unhusband and if there is a room that is a source of contention in our household I swear it is the bathroom. It seems in order to follow my toilet seat down rule they have decided that means don't lift the seat in the first place.
I cannot tell you I have yelled out, "I don't care who peed on it, someone with a penis better come and clean it." I believe I say it at least once day. This is why I have told them that when we get a dog it is going to be a girl, someone else has to squat to pee other than me.

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...