Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Blogiversary, elle, (abd) (phd)

Five years ago today, I began this blog with these words:
A few minutes shy of November 29, 2005, I'm beginning a new blog. Let's see how this goes...

I think it has gone swimmingly :-) I don't post as much as I'd like, but the friends I've made, the thoughts I've worked out, the writing I've done, the realizations to which I have come all have made this one of the most important endeavors I've undertaken in my life.

I don't know what the next five years will hold. Will I have a year in which I actually post consistently? Will I finally call it quits as the tenure clock shifts my focus away from writing anything but THE BOOK (that's how I think of it--a terrifying, in-need-of-revision thing that stands between me and job security :-)? I really don't know.

But I am glad I did this!

9 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Happy blogiversary! :)

RageyOne said...

happy blogiversary!

glad to make your acquaintance in this space soror!

Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary! I am so glad you did decide to start your blog and hope that next year is an easier one for you than this has been.

Melissa McEwan said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Leslie M-B said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm so glad you've stuck around. :)

Unknown said...

YAY! happiest day is discovering your blog!!!!! here's to fifty more years of productive loving, learning, sistorianian (heehee) through blogging! :D

elle said...

Thanks, lovelies! I'm so glad I met all of you!

lex said...

Yaaaay!!! I'm late..but I'm so happy to be living and blogging and loving and learning at the same time with you on this planet!

Infinite love!!!!

Anonymous said...

Belated congratulations!

Revelations and ruminations from one southern sistorian...